EUP8092-Li-ion/Li Polymer Battery Charger DataSheet
TheEUP8092 is an integrated single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery charger capable of operating with an input voltage as low as 2.4V. This charger is designed to work with various types of AC adapters or a USB port.
TheEUP8092 operates as a linear charger when the AC adapter is a voltage source. The battery is charged in a CC/CV (constant current/constant voltage) profile. The charge current is programmable with an external resistor up to 2A. TheEUP8092 can also work with a current-limited adapter to minimize the thermal dissipation, in which case theEUP8092 combines the benefits of both a linear charger and a pulse charger.
TheEUP8092 features charge current thermal foldback to guarantee safe operation when the printed circuit board is space limited for thermal dissipation. Additional features include preconditioning of an over-discharged battery, an NTC thermistor interface for charging the battery in a safe temperature range, automatic recharge, and thermally enhanced TQFN or TDFN packages.
• Complete Charger for Single-Cell Li-ion Batteries
• Very Low Thermal Dissipation
• Integrated Pass Element and Current Sensor
• No External Blocking Diode Required
• 1% Voltage Accuracy
• Programmable Current Limit up to 2A
• Programmable End-of-Charge Current
• Charge Current Thermal Foldback
• NTC Thermistor Interface for Battery Temperature Monitor
• Accepts Multiple Types of Adapters or USB BUS Power
• Guaranteed to Operate at 2.65V After Start-Up
• Ambient Temperature Range: -20°C to +70°C
• Thermally-Enhanced TQFN Packages
• RoHS Compliant and 100% Lead (Pb)-Free
• Handheld Devices including Medical Handhelds
• Portable Instruments, MP3 Players
• Self-Charging Battery Packs
• Stand-Alone Chargers
• USB Bus-Powered Chargers