CY2518-Cable ID for USB Type-C Cables DataSheet
CY2518 Cable Board V10_eMarkerCable/CY2518 DFN8 Socket_eMarkerSocketBoard
CY2518 is an USB Type-C e-Marker for Cable ID applications. It is compliant with USB Type-C
Specification Revision 1.2 and USB Power Delivery Specification Revision 2.0 and 3.0.
Powered from VC1 or VC2, CY2518 can determine to act as SOP’ or SOP”. After completing the Discover
ID procedure, CY2518 can weaken the Ra resistor for saving power. CY2518 can power itself by the builtin regulator without any external component, and automatically power the second e-Marker if presented.
Minimize the number of discrete components, so as the total BOM cost.
The built-in MTP can be programmed through CC line or I2C so that it will be flexible for in-system
programming. The firmware can be programmed one-time only, while the ‘Cable ID Data’ can be
programmed up to 8 times. CY2518 has four multi-functional digital IO pins. By default, they are
programmed as two GPIO and I2C pins.
Meanwhile, due to support USB Type-C Port Controller Interface Specification Revision 1.0, CY2518 can
also provide an easy way to implement USB PD communication for the host.
• USB Type-C 1.2 and PD 2.0/3.0 compliant
• Support SOP’ and SOP” with the same chip
• Support extended messages
• BMC transmitter with EMI control
• BMC receiver with high noise immunity
• Built-in isolators (diodes) and Ra resistors
• Built-in LDO without external capacitor
• Embedded MTP for e-Marker data
• MTP programming through CC line or I2C
• Programmable I2C master/slave
• Up to 4 programmable GPIO pins
• Support Vconn operation at 3V- 5.5V
• Low standby current below 200uA
• Low operation current below 3mA
• Ambient temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
• Package: WDFN-8, WLCSP-8
• USB Type-C full featured cable ID (e-Marker)
• Simple USB Type-C port controller