AX3122 consists of step-down switching regulator with synchronous PWM converter. These devise include a reference voltage source, oscillation circuit, error amplifier, internal PMOS and external NMOS etc.
AX3122 provides 5A high current, low-ripple power, high efficiency, and excellent
transient characteristics. The PWM control circuit is able to the duty ratio linearly form 0 up to 100%. An over current protect function and short circuit protect function are built inside, and when OCP or SCP happens, the operation frequency will be reduced. Also, an external compensation is easily to system stable.
With the addition of internal PMOS, external NMOS, a coil and capacitors externally,these ICs can function as step-down switching regulators. The device serve 5A high power supply system, the external NMOS can reduce IC temperature and promote system efficiency for heavy load. Since this converter can accommodate an input voltage up to 23V.
- Input voltage：4.5V to 23V
- Output voltage：VFB to VCC
- Duty ratio：0% to 100% PWM control
- Oscillation frequency：250KHz typ.
- Current Limit (CL).
- Thermal Shutdown function.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- Built-in internal P-channel MOS and drive external N-channel MOS.
- SOP-8L with Exposed Pad Pb-Free package.