The AX3516 is a 1.2MHz constant frequency current mode PWM step-down converter.It is ideal for portable equipment requiring very high current up to 2.5A from single-cell Lithium-ion batteries while still achieving over 90% efficiency during peak load conditions.
The AX3516 also can run at 100% duty cycle for low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems while light load operation provides very low output ripple for noise sensitive applications. The AX3516 can supply up to 2.5A output current from a 2.6V to 4V input voltage and up to 3A output current from a 4V to 5.5V input voltage. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.8V. The high switching frequency minimizes the size of external components while keeping switching losses low. The internal slope compensation setting allows the device to operate with smaller inductor values to optimize size and provide efficient operation. The AX3516 is available in adjustable (0.8V to VIN) output voltage. The device is available in SOP-8L-EP, TDFN-8L and TDFN-10L Pb-free packages.
- 2.6V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Output Voltages from 0.6V to VIN
- High Efficiency: Up to 94%
- 1.2MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Output Current:
Up to 2.5A Output Current for VIN=2.6V~4V
Up to 3A Output Current for VIN=4V~5.5V
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Current limit, Enable function
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP)
- Build-in Soft Start function
- ≤ 1μA Shutdown Current
- SOP-8L-EP, TDFN-8L and TDFN-10L Pb-Free packages