AX6612-1.5A Ultra Low Dropout Linear Regulator DataSheet
The AX6612 is a 1.5A ultra low dropout linear regulator. This product is specifically designed to provide well supply voltage for front-side-bus termination on motherboards and NB applications. The IC needs two supply voltages, a control voltage for the circuitry and a main supply voltage for power conversion, to reduce power dissipation and provide extremely low dropout. The AX6612 integrates many functions. A Power-On-Reset (POR) circuit monitors both supply voltages to prevent wrong operations. A thermal shutdown and current limit functions protect the device against thermal and current over-loads. A POK indicates the output status with time delay which is set internally. It can control other converter for power sequence. The AX6612 can be enabled by other power system. Pulling and holding the EN pin below 0.3V shuts off the output.
The AX6612 is available in SOP-8L-EP package which features small size as SOP-8 and an Exposed Pad to reduce the junction-to-case resistance, being applicable in 2~3W applications.
- Ultra Low Dropout - 0.15V(typical) at 1.5A Output Current
- Low ESR Output Capacitor (Multi-layer Chip Capacitors (MLCC)) Applicable
- 0.8V Reference Voltage
- Fast Transient Response
- Adjustable Output Voltage by External Resistors
- Power-On-Reset Monitoring on Both VCNTL and VIN Pins
- Internal Soft-Start
- Under-Voltage Protection
- Current-Limit and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Power-OK Output with a Delay Time
- SOP-8 with Exposed Pad Pb-Free Package.