The AX5505 is a high efficiency VFM synchronous Step-up DC/DC converter for small, low input voltage or battery powered systems with ultra-low quiescent supply current. The AX5505 accept a positive input voltage from start-up voltage to VOUT and convert it to a higher output voltage in the 2.1V to 5.0V range.
The AX5505 combine ultra-low quiescent supply current and high efficiency to give maximum battery life. The high switching frequency and the internally limited peak inductor current permits the use of small, low cost inductors. Only three external components are needed an inductor a diode and an output capacitor.
The AX5505 is suitable to be used in battery powered equipment where low noise, low ripple and ultra-low supply current are required. Operating shutdown function is outside controlling. If EN connects to GND, the IC was been shut down and then the supply current is lower to 1uA.The AX5505 is available in very small packages: SOT23-3L, SOT23-5L and SOT89-3L.
Typical applications are pagers, cameras and video camera, cellular telephones, wireless telephones, palmtop computer, battery backup supplies, battery powered equipment.
- Very Low Supply Current is 13uA (typ.)
- Maximum shutdown current <1uA
- Output voltage is available form 2.1V to 5.0V by 0.1V steps
- Output Voltage Accuracy ±2%
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Output Current up to 100mA
- Low ripple and low noise
- Very low start-up voltage at 0.8V
- Few external components
- Low profile: SOT23-3L, SOT23-5L and SOT89-3L Pb-Free