AX3161-52KHz, 2A PWM Buck DC/DC Converter DataSheet
The AX3161 series are monolithic IC designed for a step-down DC/DC converter, and own the ability of driving a 2A load without additional transistor. It saves board space. The external shutdown function can be controlled by logic level and then come into standby mode. The internal compensation makes feedback control having good line and load regulation without external design. Regarding protected function, thermal shutdown is to prevent over temperature operating from damage, and current limit is against over current operating of the output switch. If current limit function occurs and VFB is down below 0.5V, the switching frequency will be reduced. An external compensation is easily to system stable; the low ESR output capacitor can be used.
The AX3161 series operates at a switching frequency of 52KHz thus allow smaller sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators. The output version included fixed 5V, 12V, and an adjustable type. The chips are available in standard TO263-5L package.
- Output voltage: 5V and adjustable output version.
- Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 57V.
- 52KHz fixed switching frequency.
- Voltage mode non-synchronous PWM control.
- Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection.
- ON/OFF shutdown control input.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- Operating voltage can be up to 60V.
- Output load current: 2A.
- TO263-5L Pb-Free package.
- Low power standby mode.
- Built-in switching transistor on chip.