AX6617-3A Ultra Low Dropout Linear Regulator DataSheet
The AX6617 series is a 3A ultra low dropout linear regulator. This product is specifically designed to provide well supply voltage for front-side-bus termination on motherboards and NB applications. The IC needs two supply voltages, a control voltage for the circuitry and a main supply voltage for power conversion, to reduce power dissipation and provide extremely low dropout. The AX6617 series integrates many functions. A Power-On-Reset (POR) circuit monitors both supply voltages to prevent wrong operations. A thermal shutdown and current limit functions protect the device against thermal and current over-loads. A POK indicates the output status with time delay which is set internally. It can control other converter for power sequence. The AX6617 series can be enabled by other power system. Pulling and holding the EN pin below 0.6V shuts off the output.
The AX6617 series is available in SOP-8L-EP package which features small size as SOP-8L and an Exposed Pad to reduce the junction-to-case resistance, being applicable in 2~3W applications.
- Ultra Low Dropout 0.23V(typical) @ 2A Output Current for 1.2V output Voltage
- Low ESR Output Capacitor (Multi-layer Chip Capacitors (MLCC)) Applicable
- EN internal pull-low for AX6617A
EN internal pull-high for AX6617B
- Fast Transient Response
- Adjustable Output Voltage by External Resistors
- Power-On-Reset Monitoring on Both VCNTL and VIN Pins
- Internal Soft-Start
- Under-Voltage Protection
- Current-Limit and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Power-OK Output with a Delay Time
- SOP-8L with Exposed Pad Pb-Free Package.